Here I am, you scumbags.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm gettin Rusty

My friend Rusty (aka Stephanie) is kind of hard to draw because there's not much to exaggerate. She's pretty:

This pic would be a good example, but she went crazy with Photoshop one day:

But I've been wanting to learn how to draw her. So I studied her face and I tried to draw it in different ways, over and over, until I got it.

She and I both want to move to California. I think she wants to do it for the adventure, but I just need to be there for job purposes. And I might go crazy if I stay here much longer. So I wanted to do a drawing of she and I living together....
Here's a sketch of me:

I liked the big eyes on my original sketch of myself, but I shrunk the eyes down a few times because my eyes squint when I smile. My cheeks take over my face. However, now that I see how my face turned out, I kind of wish I had left it with the big eyes. Eh, I dunno.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chico Maivia said...

They're all great drawings. I always draw myself with a very straight, serious tone, as I usually have my brows furrowed over something or other. I've been drawing my friends since high school, and I'd like to think I've gotten at least a LITTLE better. You guys should come out to Cali, that way we can chill, and you can watch my band play. Would be fun times. :)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I really like about your girl drawings (through out the entire blog) is that they have great character to them. They never come across as the same , they are quite individual.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kevin Mcleod said...

Ivy these are great! Nice solid your pic reads very well as a silhouette but it looks lik rustys could be pushed some more to read better but thats just my two cents.

10:24 PM  
Blogger onemanpunkband said...

good construction ivy. you've been working at it.

5:27 PM  
Blogger michael valiquette said...

I love that your friend's name is Rusty. I always picture a little red-headed boy headed off to the ole fishin' hole or some other wholesome 1950's activity when I hear that name.
Echo Tav's comment, nice, solid construction. Well done.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks! I just noticed you added a link to my blog, how nice of you! I added one for you on mine also. Your work is looking great. You should hit me up on aim sometime.

8:28 PM  
Blogger michael valiquette said...

Over a month since your last post! You're as bad as Tavis.
We miss your pictures.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

about the big/small eyes thing, sometimes its just better to go with your original drawing isntinct even if it doesn't make sense . hands and eyes just know what looks good. not our brains. brains make dexter's lab and lousy picasso imitations. and modern art in general (ick!) one day we shall build a perfect intuitive utopia in which we only utilize our brains as contraceptive devices.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home