Here I am, you scumbags.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Argh

So things have been kind of shitty lately. I've just been trying to concentrate on drawing, but the boyfriend keeps almost breaking up with me. Ignoring that, last night I drew this, blowing up this weird girl's head from my magazine. She looks like an elf.


Weird stuff. But then I thought, "What the hell am I doing? I should be working on cartoony stuff." I guess I'm just having trouble concentrating on anything. This isn't amazing, but it was an attempt at taking a Preston character and placing him in a position I made up. So, yay team.

I've been trying to distract myself from my decaying relationship, and one piece of news I learned yesterday perked me up a little bit. I am 130 lbs right now. That is crazy! To some girls that may not be impressive, but in 2002 I reached 170 lbs. I haven't been 130 since high school. In 2003 I went to Weight Watchers, so now I know how to get things under control. The funny thing is, I haven't been concentrating on it recently. So, I don't understand how this happened. Here's the visual difference:
170...

and 130...


40 lbs and blindingly-red lipstick later :)

12 Comments:

Blogger christopher said...

Sorry to hear about the relationship problems. I was in a similar situation a little while ago and it's virtually crippling as far as creativity goes. Your drawings have been kick ass lately keep it up! Congrats on the weight loss as well, looking good!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

man the hair you drew on that girl was awesome too. and your hair looks awesome...
i want to see you do a drawing of nothing but awesome. like not even a head to wear it . JUST AWESOME HAIR. i'd do it but i'm lazy. and i wanna see how;'d u do it..... ummm i forgot other stuff i was going to say.


oh yeah. why is it that you should be doing more cartoony stuff? apparently there is some sort of goal i'm missing.

then end.

good stuff. keep it up.

6:34 PM  
Blogger onemanpunkband said...

here today, HOT TOMALLI! you're cute, your drawings kick ass, your BF is dumb. i'm going through crap too and i'm having a heluva time trying to stay inspired. thanks for sharing, glad to know i'm not the only one on this god forsaken rock.

7:52 PM  
Blogger onemanpunkband said...

hahah ps = that guy behind you in the first pic passed out on the fence just made my night.

7:54 PM  
Blogger michael valiquette said...

Hi Ivy,
You don't seem to realise how much you've improve in such a short time. Those Preston Blair exercises you've been doing have had a great effect on the quality of drawings you've been posting. Not that they weren't good to begin with, but you've really turned a corner. That's so cool to watch. I wish I had the kind of time to sink into my drawing, I just keep drawing the same old things over and over again.
Good luck with everything.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weight Ivy, you look great. I got down to my high school weight on weight watchers but now I'm back to my fat weight. Will try again soon.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! I liked your blog :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Reenen said...

Does your boyfriend read your blog?

4:00 AM  
Blogger Ivy said...

Nope, he doesn't even know the address of my blog.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I think you look really pretty in both pictures, but congrats anyhow! When I got my first real art job 3 years ago, I gained 25 pounds from just sitting around all day...I've lost it all now, but I only wish I could say I was the same size as I was in highschool! the only reason I can still wear my clothes from back then is because I used to wear everything a couple sizes too big...blarghh!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Mark Geyer said...

You look great congratulations! I'm on this 6 week body diet myself and I'm shedding some pounds too.

Keep up the drawing!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANDREW R SMITH PLAINFIELD IL

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home