Here I am, you scumbags.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Tattoo Freaks

I've been checking out lots of different art lately, and it reminds me to bring my sketchbook around more often. I think when I get the equivalent of writer's block with my drawings, it's due to a simple reason: I never remember to check out reference material. So I draw the same type of crap over and over, and I get bored. So lately I've been obsessing over tattoos recently, even though I don't really want any. I mean, hypothetically it sounds fun, but when it comes down to selecting a drawing I'd want to see everyday, it'd be hard, or impossible, to find something. Like most chicks, I have a thing for Alphonse Mucha, (but at least I don't say his fucking name as "Mooch-a", like a rapper I saw on Mtv's CRIBS once), so I tried on his art through Photoshop:
And decided, "Fuck that, I'll just draw tattoo people. I won't be one." So I did stuff like this:


But now I've been collecting tattoo magazines and just having fun with the people inside them. It's just easy to find interesting-looking people in these mags. I actually don't even really deal with drawing the tattoos, so I guess that's kinda stupid.

This woman was so creepy. One of those older women, trying to look young, wearing too much lipliner:

I like the girl with the sunglasses, but the girl on the right sucks. I only left her on cuz I liked her hair. Her face is all fucked up.






So, yeah, that's been the past 2 days.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Dainty Productions said...

Cool drawings good stuff.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Ivy said...

Thanks youse guys!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i like the guy with pigtails. i love the way you handle hair

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a load rubbish ! Try art school sweetheart, you might learn something.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Ivy said...

Hahahaha wow, fuck you dude!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fellow art girl here, how the heck do you pronounce Mucha then? Crap, have I been saying it wrong the entire time? Embarrassed. Oh and I like your style. Oh and whoever said your stuff was crap, really HOW WELL CAN YOU DRAW? Yeah, I didn't think so so knock it off please.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home